During the internship the students are required to write a weekly log which summarizes what they have been doing, as well as an evaluation of their experiences. The students have to follow a given structure for these logs. The students will be evaluated by their placement tutor twice: a) halfway through the internship and b) when the internship is completed.
A five-fold scale (excellent, above the mean, mean, below the mean, and poor) will be used to describe the student’s work with regard to the following criteria:
- Initiative and creativity
- Their ability to work independently (their ability to organize themselves and to carry out their tasks as intended),
- Leadership abilities
- Their ability to satisfy the organizations´ customers or members needs
- Their ability to accept and take advantage of advises to improve their own performance
- Enthusiasm and self-confidence
- Their ability to communicate in written and oral form
- Professional behavior
The students must comply with the rules, regulations and requirements of the organization where they will work on placement After the internship the students will write a semester thesis (6000-7000 word). In this thesis, the students shall analyze their experiences from the internship in light for academic theory in the fields of organization and/or leadership theory. Before they commence writing, the students has to compile a list of relevant literature (450 pages), which the course tutor must approve. The compulsory reading has to be accepted by the academic responsible for the course.
The students are graded A-F, and will be based on:
- The weekly logs which constitute a portfolio assessment (20 %)
- Halfway and final evaluation done by the tutor (20 %)
- Semester thesis (60 %)